Kampala International Theatre Festival
7th edition, 19th – 22nd November 2020
We are excited to announce the 7th Edition of the Kampala International Theatre Festival that will take place from 19th– 22nd November 2020 in Kampala, Uganda.
Theatre Artists are now invited to submit their applications. We welcome full productions, works in progress (staged readings or workshop productions), musicals and theatre for young audiences.
Applications are accepted until 30th June 2020.
Please submit the following information:
- A completed entry form
- A short biography of the lead artist (max. 800 words) with a recent headshot.
- A one page statement clearly stating why you want to participate in the festival with the project you are proposing. Please indicate if your project has been a part of any other workshops or festivals.
- A presentation of your work: a copy of the script and a short video of its production if available or any other visuals that speak to your work. Please ensure that your submission includes 2-3 high resolution images and a 1-2 minute video for promotional purposes.
- A technical rider/data sheet that includes everyone expected to participate in the production.
Please email your submission materials to email@example.com and to by 30th June 2020. Kindly submit all the forms and text in one PDF document.
We will confirm receipt of your submission and assess your application. By the end of August 2019 you will be informed about the status of your application. Please note that we will be offering very limited rehearsal time. Therefore, your production needs to be ready for staging should you be selected to participate in the festival.
What we offer:
- A modest performance fee to participating artists.
- For artists from outside Uganda, ground transportation and modest accommodation.
You are encouraged to source for support to cover airfare, visa, incl. insurance. Teams selected to participate will receive a formal invitation to facilitate the solicitation for such support.
We thank you for your interest in participating in the Kampala International Theatre Festival and look forward to reading your submissions!